Dentures are just as important as your regular teeth to your oral
health and your smile, so treat a denture emergency like you would any
other dental emergency.
Causes of broken dentures
- Soaking the dentures in water that is too hot can cause the dentures to warp.
- Accident or injury to the dentures either while they are inside or outside the mouth.
- General wear and tear.
- Improper care
What do I do when my dentures are cracked or broken?
- Never wear someone elses dentures, or an old, ill-fitting pair.
- Never attempt to repair your dentures at home.
- Collect all pieces of the broken dentures.
- Keep all pieces you are unable to comfortable wear in a container of water.
How do I prevent my dentures from breaking?
- Always follow your dentists guidance.
- Remove dentures nightly.
- Clean dentures thoroughly.
- Only soak in cold or room-temperature water.
- Keep your dentures in a safe place when they are not being worn.
- Keep up with regular dental check ups.
If you are in or around the Franklin Square area please call: (516) 565-3435. And, if you are in or around the Syosset area please call us at: (516) 348-2000.