What do I do if my tooth breaks or falls out?
- Immediately call our dentists at (516) 565-3435 or (516) 348-2000.
- Rinse your mouth with warm water.
- If you are able to locate the tooth or pieces of the tooth, rinse them with warm water as well.
- If you can, manually place the tooth in the gum until you are able to see a dentist.
- If you cannot, place the tooth in a container of whole milk.
How is a missing tooth treated?
A dentist may be able to surgically re-implant your tooth, which may require a veneer, crown, or other additional cosmetic work. If your real tooth cannot be recovered, you will receive a dental implant.
How is a tooth implant installed?
- Dental impressions will be made of your mouth.
- While under anesthesia, your gum is cut and a bolt is installed to fix an implant securely to your jaw
- Your gums will be allowed to heal before the implant is set.
How do I care for my mouth while waiting for my implant?
- Normally, pain from this procedure can be managed with over-the-counter pain relief medication.
- Rinse your mouth with warm water often.
- Continue to brush and floss regularly.
If you are in or around the Franklin Square area please call: (516) 565-3435. And, if you are in or around the Syosset area please call us at: (516) 348-2000.