What if my crown comes loose or breaks?
- Immediately call us at (516) 565-3435 or (516) 348-2000 to make an appointment.
- If the crown is only loose, do not attempt to remove it. Avoid aggravating it and chew with the other side of your mouth until you can see a dentist.
- If the crown breaks, collect whatever pieces you can and bring them to your dental appointment.
- If you experience any pain, use a cotton swab to apply a little clove oil to the sensitive area (available at the local drug store or in the spice aisle of the grocery store).
- Do not attempt to replace a broken crown yourself; only replace it if the crown is intact.
If you are in or around the Franklin Square area please call: (516) 565-3435. And, if you are in or around the Syosset area please call us at: (516) 348-2000.