What do I do if I lose a dental crown or bridge?
- Immediately call us at 516-565-3435 or 516-348-2000 to make an appointment.
- Apply clove oil to the site or take an over-the-counter pain reliever to ease the pain.
- If you swallowed or somehow lost track of the bridge or crown, apply dental cement (available at pharmacies) to the area until you can see the dentist.
- If you still have the dental bridge or crown, clean the piece thoroughly.
- Place it back in your mouth. Make sure it still fits as it did. Lightly bite down on it to make certain your bite isn’t compromised.
- If it fits, put dental cement inside the crown or on the bridge and carefully put it back in your mouth.
- Check your bite again. Your bite should be even and feel like it did before the piece fell out.
If you are in or around the Franklin Square area please call: (516) 565-3435. And, if you are in or around the Syosset area please call us at: (516) 348-2000.